Edit Chart Data
Charts allow you to present information contained in the worksheet in a graphic format. PowerPoint offers many types of charts including: Column, Line, Pie, Bar, Area, Scatter and more. To view the charts available click the Insert tab on the Ribbon.
Create a Chart
To create a chart:
- Click the Insert tab on the ribbon
- Click the type of Chart you want to create
- Insert the Data and Labels
Edit Chart Data
To edit chart data:
- Click on the chart
- Click Edit Data on the Design tab
- Edit data in the spreadsheet
Modify a Chart
Once you have created a chart you can do several things to modify the chart.
To move the chart:
- Click the Chart and Drag it another location on the same slide, or
- Copy it to another slide
- Choose the desired location and click Paste
To modify the chart size:
- Click the Chart
- Click on any of the corners and drop and drag to resize
To modify the labels and titles:
- Click the chart
- Click the green plus sign (+) on the side of the chart
- Click the appropriate label to change and start typing
The Chart Tools appear on the Ribbon when you click on the chart. The tools are located on three tabs: Design, Layout, and Format.
Within the Design tab you can control the chart type, layout, styles, and location.
Within the Format tab you can adjust the Fill Colors and Word Styles.
Paste a Chart from Excel
- Open the Excel worksheet
- Select the chart
- Click Copy on the Home tab
- Go to the PowerPoint document where you want the chart located
- Click Paste on the Home tab