To access the Print pane:
- Select the File tab. Backstage view will appear.
- Select Print. The Print pane will appear.
Click the buttons in the interactive below to learn more about using the Print pane.
You can also access the Print pane by pressing Ctrl+P on your keyboard.
To print a document:
- 1. Navigate to the Print pane and select the desired printer.
- 2. Enter the number of copies you wish to print.
- 3. Select any additional settings if needed (see above interactive).
- 4. Click Print.
Sometimes you may find it unnecessary to print your entire document, in which case custom printing may be more suited for your needs. Whether you're printing several individual pages or a range of pages, Word allows you to specify exactly which pages you'd like to print.
To custom print a document:
If you'd like to print individual pages or page ranges, you'll need to separate each entry with a comma (for example, 1, 3, 5-7, 10-14).
- 1. Navigate to the Print pane.
- 2. In the Pages: field, enter the pages you wish to print.
- 3. Click Print.