Getting to know Word 2013 - Part 2
The Quick Access toolbar
Located just above the Ribbon, the Quick Access toolbar lets you access common commands no matter which tab is selected. By default, it shows the Save, Undo, and Repeat commands. You can add other commands depending on your preference.
To add commands to the Quick Access toolbar:
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the Quick Access toolbar.
- Select the command you wish to add from the drop-down menu. To choose from more commands, select More Commands.
- The command will be added to the Quick Access toolbar.
The Ruler is located at the top and to the left of your document. It makes it easier to adjust your document with precision. If you want, you can hide the Ruler to create more screen space.
To show or hide the Ruler:
- Click the View tab.
- Click the check box next to Ruler to show or hide the ruler.
Backstage view gives you various options for saving, opening a file, printing, and sharing your document.
To access Backstage view:
- Click the File tab on the Ribbon. Backstage view will appear.
Click the buttons in the interactive below to learn more about using Backstage view.